[Snort-users] Can't set up ACID - get a blank page

Sean Brown sblinux at ...9344...
Fri Jul 23 22:36:02 EDT 2004

Well to reply to my own message, it seems that the default options php4 is
built with in the FreeBSD ports is insufficient to run ACID. It doesn't
include GD, session support or pcre.

I uninstalled the mod_php4 package, edited lang/php4/Makefile  and added to
the CONFIGURE_ARGS --with-pcre --enable-bcmath --enable session --with-gd
--with-mysql -with-zlib-dir=/usr --enable-sockets then build from
www/mod_php4

I had to add the -with-zlib-dir=/usr because when I added --with-gd it died
not finding libz and I added --with-mysql just for the hell of it. pcre is
needed for running queries.

The new mod_php4 package seems to work just fine now. Maybe I should ask the
port maintainer to add these as options.

-Sean Brown