[Snort-users] No Activity Occurring on ACID

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Thu Jul 22 16:01:21 EDT 2004

--On Thursday, July 22, 2004 05:01:35 PM -0400 "Kaplan, Andrew H."
<AHKAPLAN at ...10063...> wrote:

> Hi there --
>
> Snort is running on our system but there is no activity occurring on the
> ACID console. A check of the /var/log/snort/alert.log file indicated that
> alerts were being tracked by the program. What settings do I need to
> reconfigure to resolve this probem? Thanks.

What happens when you login as root to mysql and type:

> use snort; # this assumes snort is the name of the db
> select count(*) from event;

Do you get a number back?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer