[Snort-users] Can ACID & Aanval run at same time?

Thu Jul 22 05:12:16 EDT 2004

Yes, they work fine at the same time.  Aanval (from what I have seen and I am in no ways an expert with databases or PHP) creates extra tables just like acid does, but also uses the main snort and snort-extra tables.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Chilcott [mailto:Michael_Chilcott at ...12166...]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 5:53 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Can ACID & Aanval run at same time?

Hello,
   We are looking at different GUI's for our non-teckie types, and we currently have ACID running. My question to the Group is: Can ACID and Aanval (http://www.aanval.com/) run at the same time? I would like to do this because my management doesn't want any down time, between switching GUI's. If so has anyone done this; and is there anything I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Mike