[Snort-users] no alerts on acid

Patrick S. Harper patrick at ...4250...
Wed Jul 21 17:40:20 EDT 2004

Are you sure everything is running?  Do you have anything in the alert file?
Check you output line in the snort.conf.  Also Redhat 9 is out of date along
with most of the versions of software in that doc.  I have the updates on my
site and on the North Texas Snort Users Site (www.ntsug.org)  you might want
to check those out.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
damn thing yourself!"

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of amanda smooth
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:48 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] no alerts on acid

i have installed snort on linux red hat 9 as per the instructions on the
snort.org site installed snort,php,mysql,and acid everything went well the
only problem is that when i run cis scanner against the snort box when i
check acid there are no alerts for anything im preety sure everything is
working except that, whats up?
by the way im new to linux and snort would appreciate some help you can
email me back

Snort-users list archive:

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.