[Snort-users] Smb output

Michael Sconzo msconzo at ...5072...
Wed Jul 21 14:25:13 EDT 2004

The slow(er) part is having the nmblookup take IP -> NetBIOS name
then using that with smbclient to generate the WinPopUp message.
Maybe I'm doing it a broken way...that's what I have now tho.

So you lose 'time' by calling multiple external programs and waiting
for them to return.

-=Mike

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.