[Snort-users] Snort Just Does Not Want To Work on Shadow Interrface

Rhugga snort-list at ...12135...
Tue Jul 20 16:17:54 EDT 2004

Paul Schmehl wrote:

> --On Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:18 PM -0700 Rhugga
> <snort-list at ...12135...> wrote:
>

>>> So snort *is* working.  You can see it with your own eyes.
>>

>> Yes,  using Pat Harper's info I got to this point a few emails back. It
>> is reading packets on that network but it is not matching rules.
>

> Until you show us the snort.conf file, there's not much more we can do.
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
> Adjunct Information Security Officer
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> AVIEN Founding Member
> http://www.utdallas.edu

Heh, just noticed your sig. Do you guys still have all the MUD's running
on your net at UT? I remember back in the day we used to play MUDs (if
anyone else here is familiar, they were online text based multi-player
dungeons done via telnet) Supposedly the first was started at UT and I
remember playing on several of them homed on UT networks. Heh, just
rembering the days when the net was a much more fun place to play. (I
think I can even remember some of the hostnames)

I wanna run a name by you. I worked with this guy in Tivoli up the
street from you guys several years back. He was a developer that taught
courses at UT on the side, tall red-headed guy, I will only use his
first name, he may even subscribe to this list. His name was Alex.

-rhugga