[Snort-users] Snort v2.1.1 Memory Leakage?

sekure sekure at ...11827...
Fri Jul 16 05:32:06 EDT 2004

This isn't normal behavior.  Why don't you upgrade to the newest
version and see if you still have the issue?  2.1.3 is the latest
stable releases and there is 2.2.0-RC1 if you want to live on the
edge.

----- Original Message -----
From: zacktoh <zacktoh at ...12080...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:29:08 +0900
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort v2.1.1 Memory Leakage?
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net, bmc at ...950..., jh at ...950...
Cc: Masatsune Wake <wake at ...12082...>, Nishida
<nishida.maiko at ...1141...>, Takenaga
<takenaga at ...12083...>

Dear All,

I would like to enquire if any of your have tried running snort and
monitoring system resources at the same time.

I installed a snort v2.1.1 on my FreeBSD 4.9 system and found that it
eats up about 48-81 K of my memory every minute. This had resulted in
very high memory consumption by snort and eventually killing itself
overtime.

I would like to know if this is a normal symptom of snort or is it
that there is some memory leakage from within snort?

Please advice.

Cheers,

Zack Toh.