[Snort-users] Snort v2.1.1 Memory Leakage?

zacktoh zacktoh at ...12080...
Thu Jul 15 23:29:10 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I would like to enquire if any of your have tried running snort and
monitoring system resources at the same time.

I installed a snort v2.1.1 on my FreeBSD 4.9 system and found that it eats
up about 48-81 K of my memory every minute. This had resulted in very high
memory consumption by snort and eventually killing itself overtime.

I would like to know if this is a normal symptom of snort or is it that
there is some memory leakage from within snort?

Please advice.

Cheers,

Zack Toh.