[Snort-users] Pass data thru Cisco Switch?

Mitchell, Jason jason.mitchell at ...12132...
Thu Jul 15 08:48:03 EDT 2004

If you're running IOS on the switch, try "monitor session" to set up a port
mirror to your IDS interface.

-Jason

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Carlton L.
Whitmore
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 2:31 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Pass data thru Cisco Switch?

I want to setup Snort inside my network, but I know if I do my Cisco
Catalyst 2900 switches won't pass the data I need. How do I configure the
Cisco switches to pass the data thru to the IDS system?
thanks,
Carlton.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this e-mail message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.