[Snort-users] Snort deployment questions

shashank at ...12070... shashank at ...12070...
Wed Jul 14 12:09:46 EDT 2004

hi

I have following questions..hope that would help many people out there

where can I get the names and versions of all the software (e.g. libpcap)  required by snort ?
It is mentioned that snort has a 'very small footprint' what is the size of the footprint ?
whether snort RPMs are stable and what are the pros and cons of using RPM over compiling from source ?
how to prepare reports from snort logs ?
what is the best method of rules updation ?
how frequently do I need to upgrade snort ?
any suggestions for backup strategy ?

regards,

shashank