[Snort-users] Alerts question

Scott Zawalski scott.zawalski at ...5689...
Wed Jul 14 08:45:29 EDT 2004

If you are using the standard rule set then you should see some trips on
the readme.eml content:

Rules  1284 and 1290.
(http://www.snort.org/cgi-bin/sigs-search.cgi?sid=readme.eml)

As far as a specific CodeRed sid only 1256 applies for CodeRed v2 rule
and it looks for /root.exe uricontent
(http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?sid=1256)

Scott