[Snort-users] Problems installing Barnyard

Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi) BABasselgia at ...12104...
Tue Jul 13 18:30:02 EDT 2004

I'm trying to install Barnyard with mysql enabled.

./configure --enable-mysql

I keep getting the following message

checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
              /usr/lib/mysql

I've double checked and the path to the mysql library is correct.  I've
installed snort and a few other tools that use mysql and they all work fine.

I'm running SuSE Linux.

Can anyone help.

Barry

content by the NAF Atsugi MailScanner.