[Snort-users] RE: Network Behaviour Anomoly Detection

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Tue Jul 13 11:56:06 EDT 2004

You just need to enable with the "keepstats" keyword to the stream4
module.  Keepstats has three different output modes, human readable
(default), machine readable (CSV) and binary (unified).

preprocessor stream4: keepstats

preprocessor stream4: keepstats machine

preprocessor stream4: keepstats binary

The binary format can be read by barnyard (file "snort-unified.stats")
which would work great for a post-processed anomaly detector if you
wanted near real-time performance.  The other two formats are written
to a file called session.log and are in text format.

Does that help?

      -Marty