[Snort-users] windows 2000 pro tweak ?

Turnquist,Wayne WayneTurnquist at ...12076...
Fri Jul 9 12:27:11 EDT 2004

i have a windows 2000 pro attached to AD domain with 3 nic cards, 350 megs of ram with a 2nd drive  for ntp

nic 1 has file and print sharing, tcp, client for microsoft for windows which is tied to our managanment vlan
nic 2 has tcp and span to a cisco port for our internet router
nic 3 has tcp and span to a cisco port for our data center router

i have never really made it a point before to fine tune winows 2000 to run at max speed.  I was wondering if any one has tidbits or web links on how to tweak the os   with the current hardware to work as best as possible with ntop, besides buying new hardware.

thank you
wt