[Snort-users] Snort in a cluster

Michael Stone mstone+snort at ...10946...
Fri Jul 9 07:25:02 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 02:01:44PM +0100, you wrote:
>If you need more power for snort than a single CPU can provide, you
>probably want to be looking at having multiple sensors and a IDS
>load-balancing solution (e.g. Radware or Top Layer).

Or you can adjust the pcap filter so snort sees less traffic. I've had
good success running multiple snorts on one system where each sees part
of the traffic and together they can keep up with a faster link than a
single process trying to watch everything.

Mike Stone