[Snort-users] regarding the tool "Stick" which simulates the snort signatures

praveen kundurthi praveen_kundurthi at ...131...
Tue Jul 6 22:45:01 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have downlaoaded A tool called "stick" which
generates attacks based on the signature rules in
snort..Its generating the attacks randomly..But whats
the problem is that the snort version has changed and
there are many more signatures added..The tool is
using a file called rules.txt and generating the
attacks based on that..What I did was changed the
rules.txt..I mean I cut and paste the new rules from
the snort new version..But I am getting errors when I
am compiling it again..Can anyone of you please help
me sort out the Problem..

Regards.
Praveen