[Snort-users] Traffic generator

Ravi Kumar ravivsn at ...11910...
Mon Jul 5 23:10:01 EDT 2004

Praveen,
 To generate normal UDP/IP/TCP packets you can use raw sockets or libnet
library. Libnet is a library which provides API to generate packets, it
has support to many protocols.
You can also check for tools based on libnet.

To answer your requirement, If I am not wrong you want to generate
packets with content as snort signature content, in that case you have
tools which can directly help you.
Google for snot, stick , sneeze.
They generates false positives on old version of snort.

Cheers,
-Ravi
ROCSYS Technologies Ltd
Hyderabad