[Snort-users] Traffic generator

sgt_b sgt_b at ...11733...
Mon Jul 5 22:30:04 EDT 2004

You can use packet crafting tools such as hping or nemesis to create
your own packets for NIDS testing. Nessus is a vulnerability scanner
that is also useful for testing NIDS. For complete control over the
packets use hping or nemesis, for automated testing of known
vulnerabilities (and thus snort signatures) you can use Nessus.

Packet Crafting
http://www.hping.org/
http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/nemesis/

Vulnerability Assessment