[Snort-users] Snort deployment questions

shashank.joshi at ...12070... shashank.joshi at ...12070...
Mon Jul 5 08:21:05 EDT 2004

hi

I have following questions..hope that would help many people out there

where can I get the names and versions of all the software (e.g. libpcap)
required by snort ?
It is mentioned that snort has a 'very small footprint' what is the size
of the footprint ?
whether snort RPMs are stable and what are the pros and cons of using RPM
over compiling from source ?
how to prepare reports from snort logs ?
what is the best method of rules updation ?
how frequently do I need to upgrade snort ?
any suggestions for backup strategy ?

regards,

shashank

plz ignore this footer added by our mail server..
ForwardSourceID:NT00005066