[Snort-users] fees and such for IDS consultants

Jim Hendrick jrhendri at ...9784...
Sat Jul 3 05:44:05 EDT 2004

I am not sure if there are "standard" rates (any more than any other type of
consultant work)

It would be reasonable to expect they could vary from ~$50 / hr to ~$150 /
hr (perhaps more) depending on the expertise of the consultant, the number
of other resources available, the budget of the client, etc. etc.

Or they could be negotiated by the job.

Hope this helps.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
jeffs at ...1936...
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 12:31 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] fees and such for IDS consultants

As this group appears to be populated by professionals in the security
intrusion business, I'd like to ask what are the going rates for this type
of consultancy.  I understand that is a very BROAD quesion, since network
architecure will predominantly determine cost.  But if some folks could
perhpas offer some experience and enlighten me as to where intrusion
detection services fit in in the grand scheme of IT consulting, I'd love to
hear from you.

Thanks,

J.