[Snort-users] fees and such for IDS consultants

Murray, Todd Todd.Murray at ...12036...
Fri Jul 2 13:12:08 EDT 2004

http://www.salary.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
jeffs at ...1936...
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 9:12 AM
To: Jeruvy
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] fees and such for IDS consultants

And why not?  Are people in this group that narrowly focused on their vision
that knowing what going rates are for a type of service is considered taboo
or blasphemy?  I presume that whatever yo do in life you do it for free?  I
for one am doing a survey on open source tools and how they might be
enhanced through studies on human computer interaction -- a field in which
the open source community has been lacking.  I am a great proponent of open
source and recommend its use throughout my travels.  I am, however also, a
realist and recognize some of its drawbacks.  Getting a grip on how much
money (is that word so dirty to you?) a consultant in the open source field
of intrusion detection earns (is that another dirty word for you?) can bring
into focus some areas in which certain studies of human computer interaction
might benefit.

Or perhaps you're happy to have open source remain the soy bacon of the
digital landscape forever?

So, what kind of questions, then, are "wanted" in this forum?  Or would you
prefer it to be a "closed society" of techno-nerds without any understanding
of how their work relates to commerce?  Or is "commerce" a dirty word for
you, too?

'nuff said.