[Snort-users] Installing Snort on a Red Hat 8 or 9

Alberto García Gómez alberto at ...12058...
Fri Jul 2 06:37:21 EDT 2004

Check This

checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no

   ERROR!  Libpcap library/headers not found, go get it from
   http://www.tcpdump.org
   or use the --with-libpcap-* options, if you have it installed
   in unusual place

this happen when I make a configure of snort

and now check this

# rpm -qa | grep libcap
libcap-1.10-12

I have installed(By system default) this ver of libcap, but snort is asking me by a lower ver of it, and my question is How I can use my installed version instead the lower that snort need?

Even when I use the param --with-libpcap-includes or --with-libpcap-libraries and I give it the path of the libraries the error persist