[Snort-users] Is ACID Dead?

John Creegan jcreegan at ...9729...
Thu Jan 15 14:41:07 EST 2004

I remember looking around at the ACID pages and noticing that there is a
variable containing the date ranges, and that range stopping at 2004.  I
can look for it again if anyone wants, but I remember thinking that all
I had to do when we get near the end of 2004 was to change just a bit of
code.

Anyway, it's not something I'm immediately worried about.

>>> Michael Anderson <mca at ...1717...> 01/15/04 04:29PM >>>
Come to think about it, I haven't seen Roman on the list for quite some

time.  Quick search on
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&r=1&w=2 indicates Roman
hasn't posted since July.  Is anyone else willing to pick up where
Roman
left off?

-Mike

CGhercoias at ...8619... wrote:

>John,
>
>We are using also ACID in combination with a plug-in from snortcenter
and is working great.
>Haven't heard either from Mr. Roman after I sent him few emails.
>
>Thank you
>_________________
>Catalin,
>
>Tart words make no friends; a spoonful of honey will catch more flies
than
>a gallon of vinegar.
>- -- B. Franklin

the last three years, and have just noticed that ACID doesn't seem
>to have been updated since early last year. This is especially
troubling in view of the fact that it's the nicest GUI front-end
>for snort that I've seen, and that since the portscan plug-in was
updated in snort 2.1.0, the portscan display features of ACID
>no longer work as well. I know that if you set the output-mode to
pktknudge, it at least displays the portscans, but that's not a
>very nice workaround. I dropped Roman a note in email on 1/9/04, and
haven't heard back from him. Does anyone know what the
>development status of ACID is? If, in fact, it's dead, can anyone
recommend something with similar functionality to replace it?