[Snort-users] ANNOUNCEMENT: Snort-IDMEF-Plugin 1.2.3alpha for snort 2.1.0 released
spoppi at ...158...
Sun Jan 11 04:45:04 EST 2004
I'm happy to announce a new release of the GPL'ed Snort IDMEF plugin
1.2.3alpha for Snort 2.1.0.
IDMEF is the Intrusion Detection Exchange Message Format which is XML
based and developed by the IETF working group IDWG. It's current status
Snort IDMEF enables Snort to generate IDMEF based messages and store
them either in a flat file or distribute them via TCP sockets.
The changes in this version are:
-- added option --enable-old which enables compatibility mode for
This is highly DISCOURAGED! It enables portscan/http_decode
-- added check for sys/utsname.h
- added support for flow-portscan preprocessor
- added support for http-inspect preprocessor
- BuildSource/BuildTarget: added check for NULL packet
- added creation of IDMEF Impact Class for rules; see README.impact
- added README.impact
- Snort 2.1.0 source http://www.snort.org
- libidmef http://sourceforge.net/projects/libidmef
- libxml2 http://xmlsoft.org/
- snort-idmef-plugin ;) http://sourceforge.net/projects/snort-idmef
On the project's homepage you'll find some mailinglists for issues
related to the snort-idmef-plugin.
Feedback is always welcomed!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3162 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Snort-users