[Snort-users] where can i find ms_unicode_generator

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Jan 6 08:40:04 EST 2004

At 11:23 AM 1/6/2004, Peter Robb wrote:
>The docs say in the Snort contrib directory of your download site

Yes, however, the point is that said .c file is NOT where the docs say.

Koay has actually been repeatedly posting this same question over-and-over
again.. (12/28, 1/5, 1/8)

At this point, I suspect it is INTENDED that the ms_unicode_generator.c be
included in the contrib directory, but it is not there, nor is it in the
contrib section of the website. Looks like an oversight to me.

It appears that the snort-current.tar.gz correctly contains this file in
it's contrib directory, so it's an issue that's been noticed and fixed, but
has not yet made it into an "official" release.

You can get the "current" cvs snapshot tarball from:
http://www.snort.org/dl/snapshots/

Please note that the "current" snapshot is a developer release and might
contain bugs, but it does have the file you want. I'd download it just to
get the unicode generator you need and not use the version of snort in it
(unless you want to play with some of the new, possibly untested, features
that the snort devels are adding).