[Snort-users] ACID gives erroneous information

Josh Berry josh.berry at ...10221...
Sun Feb 29 10:45:06 EST 2004

ACID is just a cache for alerts.  When you delete alerts out of ACID I
don't believe that it deletes them out of the Snort tables.   Therefore if
you deleted some alerts out of ACID they will still be in the Snort event
table and therefore you will see a difference in the amount.

I am not sure about this but I think that is what is happening.