[Snort-users] SNORT has memory leak on Linux Red hat 9

ypwhich ypwhich at ...11276...
Fri Feb 27 14:47:06 EST 2004

Chances are Linux and SNORT are behaving.  You may be reading the output
of "free -t" or "procinfo" incorrectly....which is easy to do, especially
if coming to Linux from a Win32s environment.  The two systems manage
memory differently.

Unless you're noticing a major performance hit after killing SNORT,
chances are you're fine.  If you like copy the output of "free -t" to
email after killing SNORT, will have a look at it.

-yp