[Snort-users] configure option "enable-linux-smp-stats"

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...1935...
Fri Feb 27 08:01:10 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, Nerijus Krukauskas wrote:

>   By executing "./configure --help" in snort source directory, I see
> the option "--enable-linux-smp-stats". If I understand correctly this
> should result some statistic about how snort is doing generation in
> /proc file system on Linux. How do I find it (statistic)? So far snort
> is not creating anything in /proc or I'm overlooking it?

All this does is enable stats reporting of multiple CPUs with
Performance Monitor. In order to see this information, you need to
enable the perfmonitor preprocessor (and you can use the tool
"perfstats" in the contrib dir to parse the output).