[Snort-users] snortdb-extra.gz

Shawn Kottke skottke at ...11264...
Thu Feb 26 13:28:08 EST 2004

Bob,

You missed a line in the installation that puts all of the other tables in the DB.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -p <./contrib/create_mysql snort

You should do the above command from your snort source directory. The word snort at the end of the command is the database name.

Shawn

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:snort-users-admin at ...3204...ts.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Bob Von Ilten
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 2:05 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snortdb-extra.gz

I have installed snortdb-extra.gz but it appears to have created only 3 tables much less than the how-to shows. I have tried a couple of different files from various versions to no avail.  Whats wrong ? the gz file, the instructions, or my reading of the instructions (which up till this point have been pretty good).

Thanks

Bob Von Ilten
Dir of Info Services
Holt Public Schools