[Snort-users] Building snort w/ mysql support

Mark E. Donaldson markee at ...11098...
Wed Feb 25 22:07:04 EST 2004

Snort needs the MySQL client library files.  Normally you need to point the
configure script in the right direction so it can find them.  ./configure
--with-mysql=/usr/local/src/mysql or where ever you have unpacked the
distribution.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
BCalvert at ...11305...
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 12:40 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Building snort w/ mysql support

I cannot seem to correctly build snort with mysql support.
Mysql appears to be running just fine on my linux box.
I configure snort using the '--with-mysql' option and it appears to build
properly.

When I run snort

snort -dev -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /snort/Log

I consistently get

database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

I am a new linux and snort user, I don't know how to proceed

Ben Calvert
bcalvert at ...11305...