[Snort-users] I have a problem with snort.conf

Rahul shadhanker at ...158...
Tue Feb 24 20:36:00 EST 2004

Hello Guillermo Andres Gómez,

Fairly self explanatory. Plz go through the error message again.

If you are using the Snort binary, then that may not be compiled with
the --with-mysql
switch.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
-Sadha

I have this error and I've tried to solve it  but I've not been able to make
it
if somebody can help me.
thank you ahead of time

My e-mail is   ironmaidenx at ...125...

Initializing rule chains...

Initializing Network Interface eth0
Found logdir config directive (/var/log/snort)
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g.,
rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install.

See the database documentation for cursory details (doc/README.database).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

---