[Snort-users] I have a problem with snort.conf

Neil Fryer nfryer at ...11028...
Tue Feb 24 14:59:08 EST 2004

I had the same problem a while back and for some odd reason in snort.conf,
where you point it to your mysql db, change the "localhost" part to
127.0.0.1.

I can't explain it, and my hosts file is all cool and everything, but it may
be worth a try.

Kind Regards,
Neil Fryer

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillermo Andres Gómez [mailto:ironmaidenx at ...125...]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 7:51 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] I have a problem with snort.conf

I have this error and I've tried to solve it  but I've not been able to make
it
if somebody can help me.
thank you ahead of time

My e-mail is   ironmaidenx at ...125... <mailto:ironmaidenx at ...125...>

Initializing rule chains...

Initializing Network Interface eth0
Found logdir config directive (/var/log/snort)
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g.,
rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install.

See the database documentation for cursory details (doc/README.database).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..