[Snort-users] Re: Snort on Linux with no IP

Gabriel L. Somlo somlo at ...8241...
Tue Feb 24 11:09:01 EST 2004

I think the Linux kernel names all ethernet interfaces 'ethX' with X
starting at 0 and incrementing as more cards are detected.

You can then use the 'nameif' command to talk the kernel into renaming
them to whatever ASCII string you want...

Redhat probably doesn't do anything beyond going with whatever the
kernel names the cards by default...

Just my $0.02 :)

Gabriel