[Snort-users] Remotely monitor a switch port...

JP Vossen vossenjp at ...8683...
Tue Feb 24 09:44:10 EST 2004

On 24 Feb 2004, Ridlon, Michael wrote:

> I am currently using MRTG to log the overall throughput of 19
> buildings.  I haven't read anything that describes how MRTG can log
> protocol information.  Can it?

Errr.  Guess I was wrong on that one.

> If not, do you know of a product that can WITHOUT using a mirrored port?

My only other idea was nstreams [1] but that doesn't look like it does what
you want, and I'm not sure about the mirror port.  If the "sensor" can't see
the traffic, it can't analyize it...

That's all I've got, sorry...
JP

[1] http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/nstreams/index.html.en
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|         jp{at}jpsdomain{dot}org
You used to have to reboot the Windows 9.x series every couple of days
because it would crash.  Now you have to reboot Windows 200x or XP every
couple of days because of a patch.  How is that better or more stable?