[Snort-users] Snort on Linux with no IP

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at ...6838...
Tue Feb 24 08:31:05 EST 2004

This is not true.  The handle for the NIC depends upon the manufacturer
in BSD.  For example, xl0 and xl1 are two NICs on one FreeBSD box I
have.  I don't recall if RedHat always uses the eth0, eth1 convention,
but the BSDs definitely do not.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas