[Snort-users] Snort on Linux with no IP

Yonah Russ yonah at ...11275...
Tue Feb 24 06:59:22 EST 2004

eth1 is the name for the second network card in a BSD or Linux machine.
Each network card is called eth for ethernet  and is number from 0 and
up to however many network cards you have (minus 1).

It seems your machine either has only one network card or it may not
have the proper driver modules loaded.

If you only have one network card, you could try using eth0 instead but
you obviously won't be able to use regular network from that computer.

Hope this helps.
Yonah

--
Yonah Russ - Mirimar Networks