[Snort-users] I have a problem with snort.conf

Guillermo Andres Gómez ironmaidenx at ...125...
Tue Feb 24 06:59:13 EST 2004

I have this error and I've tried to solve it  but I've not been able to make it
if somebody can help me.
thank you ahead of time

My e-mail is   ironmaidenx at ...125...

Initializing rule chains...

Initializing Network Interface eth0
Found logdir config directive (/var/log/snort)
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g., rpm,
or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support.

If this build of snort was compiled by you, then re-run the
the ./configure script using the '--with-mysql' switch.
For non-standard installations of a database, the '--with-mysql=DIR'
syntax may need to be used to specify the base directory of the DB install.

See the database documentation for cursory details (doc/README.database).
and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..