[Snort-users] Remotely monitor a switch port...

JP Vossen vossenjp at ...8683...
Mon Feb 23 21:08:02 EST 2004

> From: "Ridlon, Michael" <michael.ridlon at ...11261...>
> To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: 23 Feb 2004 15:02:52 -0500
> Subject: [Snort-users] Remotely monitor a switch port...
>
> I want to gather protocol information so I can graph usage percentages
> for all the protocols going through the port.  Also Percent of traffic
> to local lan vs. to off-site.
>
> Can this be done with snort?

Maybe, but you'd probably be better off using MRTG: The Multi Router Traffic
Grapher.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/&e=747

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|         jp{at}jpsdomain{dot}org
You used to have to reboot the Windows 9.x series every couple of days
because it would crash.  Now you have to reboot Windows 200x or XP every
couple of days because of a patch.  How is that better or more stable?