[Snort-users] make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 484: Unexpected end o f line seen

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Mon Feb 23 20:58:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote:

> I'm upgrading the snort sensors from 2.0 to 2.1, I'm running snort on
> Solaris 8  ( sparc )  but when I run make it get the error below:
>

> make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 484: Unexpected end of line seen
>
> I edit the Makefile and went to the specified line but didn't know what is
> the issue here.
>
> 482  dist-hook:
>    483          # always ensure that the win32 build is in sync
>    484          $(distdir)/verstuff.pl $(distdir)
>
>  Any idea or suggestions...!!!

Sun's make doesn't like multi-lines in a Makefile very much.  Give it a
whirl with GNU's version of make.  It'll build just fine.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

 "It looks just like a Telefunken U-47.  You'll love it..."  -- Frank Zappa