[Snort-users] snortsam problem

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Mon Feb 23 15:24:04 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 16:43, ultan lankford wrote:
> i am after installing snort 2.1 on redhat 9 and im trying to install
> snortsam but i keep getting an error which goes something like this
> "fwsam not a recognised output plugin - fatal error"
> so what can i do try make snortsam recognised
> i ran the output plugins twice but to no avail!

Did you PATCH snort in order to add the Snortsam plugin? If not, you
need to do so.

> is it a kernal problem
> the snortsam docs arent best in places

http://www.snortsam.net/files/snortsam-v2_multi-threaded/INSTALL

Just note that I do not support the "latest" version of Snort yet. I
prefer to stick with stable versions. But the patch should still apply.

If all fails, I do have Linux binaries on the Snortsam web site. ;)

Regards,
Frank