[Snort-users] Puresecure...

Shaffer, Paul D paul.d.shaffer at ...178...
Mon Feb 23 13:14:02 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Ridlon, Michael
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 1:16 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Puresecure...

I've downloaded the Puresecure demo/personal version.
-- Sounds like maybe we are shooting for a comparison/performance test against Snort or some similar exercise
The install stopped at mysql.  I chowned on /usr/local/mysql per the instructions, but now I can not restart mysql.
-- Conventional wisdom would have you undo the recent action(s) which caused the current problem
   The error log says mysql.host does not exist.
-- Errors built upon mistakes are notoriously unreliable for troubleshooting purposes
Help?
-- Apart from that I haven't the foggiest idea what you might be trying to do.
Mike
Sorry I can't help much, but it sure was fun pointing out your ineptitude!  ;-)

Best Regards,
Paul