[Snort-users] 2.1.0 compile problems and primary development platform

Williams Jon WilliamsJonathan at ...2134...
Mon Feb 23 07:00:07 EST 2004

A year or two ago, I decided to use FreeBSD as my sensor platform based
on hearing (or thinking that I'd heard) Marty developed on FreeBSD first
and then ported elsewhere.  I reasoned that I should be able to compile
easily and it should be (theoretically) more stable running on the same
platform that snort was originally coded on.

Well, I'm fianally getting around to building 2.1.0, and I'm getting
comile errors.  I'm in the process of applying code changes that I found
from earlier threads, but its got me wondering: If snort is developed
first on FreeBSD, there shouldn't (theoretically) be any compile
problems.  This lead me to wonder, on what platform does snort coding
occur now?

Thanks.

Jon