[Snort-users] Compiling mysql support into snort and barnyard

Mark Olbert mark at ...11252...
Sun Feb 22 21:29:04 EST 2004

I'm having difficulties compiling mysql support into snort and barnyard. The
various include and library files are located at:

/usr/include/mysql/mysql.h

and

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.la

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.12

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.12.0.0

snort's configure reports that it finds both the include file and the
libraries, but then fails to include them in the build (i.e., when snort
runs with a database output specification it fails). Barnyard can't find the
library files, although it can find the include file.

I've experimented with various -with-mysql=DIR directives, but without
success. I'd appreciate any suggestions folks may have.

- Mark

mark at ...11252...