[Snort-users] OT New information about clamav

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Feb 20 07:36:04 EST 2004

At 03:10 PM 2/19/2004, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>However, it has come to my
>attention just today that the developers of clamav recently corrected a bug
>that effectively disabled detection of all polymorphic viruses.  This should
>*dramatically* impact the results of testing clamav against the ITW viruses,
>so I have requested that the test be rerun.

Important detail for you... The bug which disabled detection of polymorphic
viruses was never in a stable release of clamav. The bug only appeared in
development snapshots newer than clamav-20031201.

Clamav 0.65, 0.66, 0.67 or any other released version of clamav, are not
impacted.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.virus.clamav.devel/564