[Snort-users] Snort failing to start...

Jason Humes jhumes at ...11232...
Thu Feb 19 08:20:01 EST 2004

Hi
I found a command online which would run snort in some sort of verbose mode
to aid in troubleshooting when and why it fails to start.  It would show
when there was an error processing a rule or something like that...anyone
know how what this command is.  For some reason, my snort just stopped
working and will not start back up, nothing in the logs either.  Hrmmm.
Thanks....

Jason D. Humes

Applied Computer Solutions Inc.
3020 St. Etienne Blvd.
Windsor, Ontario
Phone: (519) 944-4300 x211
Fax    : (519) 944-4247
Email : jhumes at ...11232...

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally
privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are
e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail
and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this
e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
the contents to any other person.

Thank you.