[Snort-users] no problem installing snort, winpcap -- but....

b0b39-prgmr at ...131... b0b39-prgmr at ...131...
Sun Feb 15 11:01:03 EST 2004

hi

Installed snort executable for 2in32 on an XP system
then installed winpcap.  Both were fast and
appearently had no problems..  Running "snort -W'
showed my 802,11b wireless card as the only running
nic.
but 'snort -v -n 3 -i 1' does not produce any packets.

Copied LibnetNT.dll into windows\system32, [it
installed
in c:\snort\bin orginally.] and tried again.
same results.

Moved the copy in c:\snort\bin away just in case the
snort executable was finding it there.  same results.

Only clue is when I control-C out of snort the last
line is:

pcap_loop: read error: PacketReceivePacket failed

Help

Bob L.