[Snort-users] Mysql is collecting data from snort, Acid won't display it.

Wally Bedford wbedford at ...4171...
Sat Feb 14 14:59:04 EST 2004

I have a sensor with snort-2.0.0p1-mysql going to an acid console
running mysql-server-3.23.57p1 and Acid version 0.9.6b23.

Acid opens without an error, and I went through the setup databases
page.  All was fine.  I can see all sorts of alerts in the
acid_maintenance.php page, which shows...

Alert Information Cache
Total Events: 6256   Cached Events: 0

But no alerts show up.  The acid_main.php page shows...

Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache

Queried on : Fri February 13, 2004 16:16:30
Database: snort at ...274...    (schema version: 106)
Time window: no alerts detected

My configuration is pretty vanilla, just basic changes to the
acid_conf.php file to reflect the local setup.

Any ideas on where to look would sure be welcome,

Wally