[Snort-users] Some thoughts on IDS types - request for clarif ication :)

Darden, Patrick S. darden at ...710...
Thu Feb 12 10:29:04 EST 2004

What about snortalog?  It gives some great statistical reports.

--Patrick Darden

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kettler [mailto:mkettler at ...4108...]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 11:17 AM
To: Emre Bastuz; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Some thoughts on IDS types - request for
clarification :)

At 04:40 AM 2/12/2004, Emre Bastuz wrote:
>       It seems that the only statistical analyzer available for Snort is
>       Spade from  Silicon Defense. It looks like it´s not being
>       maintained anymore so I´m wondering if there are any alternatives
>       out there?
>       Did any of you guys get Spade running with Snort 2.1.1RC?

I've not tried with snort 2.1.x, but I have made it work with 2.0.5. (which
is a testament to versatility since the patch was made for 1.9.0).

There were some minor breakages to the makefiles in 2.0.5 after patching
spade in, but they were easy-to-fix problems (both consisted of line-breaks
in the wrong places).