[Snort-users] Some thoughts on IDS types - request for clarification :)

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Thu Feb 12 08:16:00 EST 2004

At 04:40 AM 2/12/2004, Emre Bastuz wrote:
>       It seems that the only statistical analyzer available for Snort is
>       Spade from  Silicon Defense. It looks like it´s not being
>       maintained anymore so I´m wondering if there are any alternatives
>       out there?
>       Did any of you guys get Spade running with Snort 2.1.1RC?

I've not tried with snort 2.1.x, but I have made it work with 2.0.5. (which
is a testament to versatility since the patch was made for 1.9.0).

There were some minor breakages to the makefiles in 2.0.5 after patching
spade in, but they were easy-to-fix problems (both consisted of line-breaks
in the wrong places).