[Snort-users] -T option error

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Feb 11 14:03:21 EST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Drew Smith wrote:

> He's not in the same directory that snort.conf is in. It seems that
> snort will look in the current directory for a valid snort.conf file and
> if the -c option isn't present it drops out complaining of nothing to do
> if it can't find one. A bit misleading.

Well, I guess that depends on how you look at it.  FAQ [0] 6.30 lists the
files that Snort searches for on startup.

If you don't have a config file specified or a run mode listed, Snort
defaults to 'verbose' mode and write packets to the screen.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

 "It looks just like a Telefunken U-47.  You'll love it..."  -- Frank Zappa

[0]	http://www.snort.org/docs/FAQ.txt